Some wise, older ladies of Minnie’s acquaintance shared a recipe for 2 cakes with her. “It helped with my hot flushes,” one said. The other, “It made me feel I was doing something for myself”. However you introduce this cake to yourself, it is intended to be eaten with appreciation for one’s self in the company of like-minded individuals. A slice a day should spread some Meno magic…
100g soya flour
100g wholewheat flour
100g porridge oats
100g linseeds, 50g sunflower seeds, 50g pumpkin seeds, 50g sesame seeds, 50g flaked almonds, 200g raisins, 2 pieces stem ginger (finely chopped)
3 / 4 litre soya milk (approximately three-quarters)
1 tbs malt extract, 1 / 2 tsp nutmeg (half), 1 / 2 tsp cinnamon (half), 1 / 2 tsp ground ginger (half)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Add soya milk and malt extract.
3. Mix again and leave to soak for 30 minutes. (If mixture is too dry, add more soya milk).
4. Spoon mixture into a loaf tin lined with grease proof paper and oil.
5. Bake in oven gas Mark 5 or 190 C for 75 minutes, or until cooked (test with fork).
6. Turn out and leave to cool.
7. Serve with butter or spread.
If you find more delicious variations, please share…